Awww the smell of Rosemary! It’s one awesome herb and has so many magickal uses besides cooking.
In this article, you will learn:
Interesting history of Rosemary
How to grow your own Rosemary
How to dry your own Rosemary
DIY using Rosemary
All About Rosemary:
Rosemary comes from the Latin “ros,” which means dew and “marinus” which means sea - “dew of the sea.” It’s also known as the “Elf Leaf.”
- Memory / Concentration - Enhances brain function
- Attracts Wisdom
- It also helps repel insects (recipe for candle later on)
Rosemary has a long history of being used to enhance memory. According to Greek mythology, Rosemary draped the Goddess Aphrodite when she was birthed from the sea. Ancient Greek scholars also wore wreaths of rosemary on their brow (the typical wreaths they are often portrayed wearing) to improve memory.
RECIPE FOR ROSEMARY CLEANSING TOOL:
- Add dried Rosemary for cleansing and clearing the way for a fresh start
- Add Sea Salt for its purifying actions
- Peppercorns for protection
- Citrus Peel for uplifting and positive energy (I use lemons from the tree in our backyard)
- Filtered or Spring Water (I use water charged by the Full Moon)Add gin and Juniper Berry Seal with a lid and shake
It’s ready to use!
GROWING YOUR OWN ROSEMARY FROM CUTTINGS:
It can become expensive to buy Rosemary. I am currently growing Rosemary from seeds. It takes much longer this way than using cuttings. To grow your own Rosemary:
- Select branches that are pliable and healthy
- Cut the rosemary stems - The smaller the sprig, the more it grows roots because it’s less stem to support and feed
- Remove leaves from bottom 1-2 inches
- Important step because roots will grow where the leaves were
- Use Organic soil and perlite - must be able to drain well
- Take a pencil and add a hole about 2 inches down, place Rosemary
- Place the cutting out of direct sunlight for a week or two
- You can also cover with plastic - optimizes humidity. Don’t overwater After a few weeks they should grow roots - can re-plant in separate containers and can have more sun
DRYING YOUR OWN ROSEMARY:
- Wash it first (even store bought)Lay out on towel and let dry for about one hour
- Strip off the leaves of the Rosemary sprig - Remove as much as you can
- Spread leaves out on baking sheet
- Place in the oven to dry - 200 degrees for about an hour (or until it easily crumbles). Turn every 15 minutes so it doesn’t burn
- Place in sealed bag or jar
- Will stay fresh for about a year - it doesn’t actually go bad, just loses some of its freshness and flavor
DIY CANDLES TO REPEL INSECTS:
- Quart mason jars
- 1st - Herbs - Couple of large sprigs of Rosemary
- 1st - Herbs - Mint leaves
- Purified or distilled water (I use moon water) - Add to inch below ring line
- 20 drops of Lemongrass essential oil
- Sliced lime - 1 slice per jar
- Sliced lemon (hello again….my lemon tree) - 2 slices per jar
- Floating candles
- LAST ABOUT 3 DAYS
ROSEMARY SUGAR SCRUB:
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 4 cups white sugar
- 30 drops (or more) of Rosemary essential oil
- 2 heaping tablespoons fresh chopped Rosemary
- The shelf life for this sugar scrub if fresh rosemary is used is just a few weeks. For longer lasting scrub, omit the Rosemary.
- Use a scoop - makes it easier
- 4 oz mason jars
I love to use Rosemary when making soap and candles. Combining it with lemon and peppermint is a divine fragrance. There are so many magickal uses for Rosemary in your DIY and craft projects (as well as cooking).
Wrapping it Up...
Making crafts is my passion - I’ve always been a crafty gal at heart! In fact, I’ve loved crafts since I was a little girl when I would craft with my grandma and my mom. Such beautiful memories. I was in Corporate for 30 years as a community relations director and executive assistant before I left to start my virtual assistant business two years ago. I felt the call to become a Certified Numerologist and a Level I and Level II Reiki Practitioner, but I didn’t know why. My path has come to light! It was all leading to what I’ve always dreamed about - having a craft business. I love to make crafts for the holidays and give as gifts and over the years I’ve often been asked if I sold any of these items. The answer is now yes I do!
What makes my products stand out? Well, each craft is carefully created with intention because I believe the intention behind every craft matters. I use my Numerology training to create products based on how the correspondences of herbs, essential oils, and crystals uniquely align. From the inception of choosing the right, sustainably-sourced ingredients that are charged by the light of the Full Moon, to the final product, each item is made with intention and is infused with possibility and purpose. I even wash my tools and supplies with water also charged by the Full Moon.
You can think of me as your guiding light helping in tapping into your gifts and letting creativity flow! It's my super power! I carefully create unique handmade items crafted with intention because I believe the intention behind every craft matters.
Soon, I will be launching “Soap of the Month.” To get on the waiting list, visit: https://timecreators.ck.page/422a58f4e6
Do you know what your Ruling Number (Life Path Number) is and what correspondences are unique to you? Get this FREE download to calculate your RN and some of your unique traits. https://timecreators.ck.page/4632766b06